Professional Division National Officers
| Brad Howard
Professional Division National President
Public Affairs + Media Manager at Small Business Administration's Office of Advocay
Brad Howard, of Van Buren, Arkansas, currently works as a communications director in the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington, D.C. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas, and a Master of Arts in Public Communication from American University in Washington, D.C. He is a former account executive at an advertising, marketing and public relations agency and has worked on numerous political campaigns. Brad's journey in FBLA-PBL began in 1998 in the Middle Level and he has been an active member and officer in all levels of the organization since. He served as a state officer in Arkansas FBLA and PBL, PBL National Parliamentarian and PBL Southern Region National Vice President. He has been a member of the Professional Division for more than six years and previously served two terms as the Professional Division National Secretary/Treasurer. He has also served as a presenter and judge at numerous FBLA and PBL meetings and conferences across the country.
Brad is a strong advocate for FBLA-PBL as a "lifetime association," noting the skills, self-confidence and networking the organization offers can carry its members throughout a lifetime of career development experiences - from the Middle Level well into their professional careers.
• Maryland Professional Division member since 2008
• Maryland State Officer, 1994–95
• Chairman of the Maryland FBLA-PBL Board of Directors (2008–present)
• National state key contact for Maryland FBLA-PBL since 2008
• Maryland State Competitive Events Committee and State Leadership Conference Committee (since 2008)
• Secretary of the Maryland FBLA State Advisory Council (Member 1996–2008, Secretary 1999–2008)
• State and national conference speaker (1997–present) and competitive event judge (2007–11)
Professional Division National Secretary/Treasurer
Co-Founder, Gigfinity, LLC
Eric McGarvey is an honors graduate of both Isothermal Community College (1997) and Western Carolina University (2000) with degrees in Business Administration/Law and Economics/Entrepreneurial Studies. As a student, Eric served in many local, state, and national leadership roles with organizations such as SGA, Phi Theta Kappa, Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Students in Free Enterprise, and Phi Sigma Pi.
• FBLA-PBL National Professional Division Vice President, 2010-2012